Terms and Conditions
Last updated: August 15, 2020
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Our Service.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Live Your Story, 10008 National Blvd #425; Los Angeles, CA 90034
- Country refers to: California, United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a mobile device, cell phone, or a digital tablet.
- Feedback means feedback, innovations or suggestions sent by You regarding the attributes, performance or features of our Service.
- Goods refer to any Physical Goods and Digital Products offered for sale on the Service.
- Digital Products refer to the digital or internet-based goods (including audio, video, documents and pdf downloads, eBooks, online courses, and internet-based workshops, coaching groups, or one-on-one coaching, directing, or online editing services) offered for sale on the Service.
- Physical Goods refer to the physical items offered for sale on the Service.
- Orders mean a request by You to purchase Goods from Us.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Subscriptions refer to the services or access to the Service offered on a subscription basis by the Company to You.
- Terms and Conditions (also referred as "Terms") mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between You and the Company regarding the use of the Service.
- Third-party Social Media Service means any services or content (including data, information, products or services) provided by a third-party that may be displayed, included or made available by the Service.
- Website refers to Live Your Story accessible from http://www.live-your-story.com.
- You (referred to as either "You," "Your," "the User," or "the Client" in this Agreement) means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this Service and the agreement that operates between You and the Company. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then You may not access the Service.
Placing Orders for Goods
By placing an Order for Goods through the Service, You warrant that You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
If You wish to place an Order for Goods available on the Service, You may be asked to supply certain information relevant to Your Order including, without limitation, Your name, Your email, Your phone number, Your credit card number, the expiration date of Your credit card, Your CSV, Your billing address, and Your shipping information.
You represent and warrant that: (i) You have the legal right to use any credit or debit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Order; and that (ii) the information You supply to us is true, correct and complete.
By submitting such information, You grant us the right to provide the information to payment processing third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of Your Order.
All Goods purchased are subject to a one-time payment. Payment can be made through various payment methods we have available, such as PayPal or Stripe.
Payment cards (credit cards or debit cards) are subject to validation checks and authorization by Your card issuer. If we do not receive the required authorization, We will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery of Your Order.
For e-books, e-courses, packages, groups, classes, workshops, play-shops, and events, You must submit payment for those services or products to become deliverable to You.
For one-on-one sessions paid outside of a package, You must make payments either before the session or within the 48 hours after the session ends. If You have not made the payment, the next session will be postponed until payment is received. If payment has not been received within two months, without explanation and a mutually agreed-upon solution, We will notify a debt collection agency.
In the case of financial hardship or limitations, special considerations may be taken; however, You and We need to agree upon such decisions mutually and by signed contract.
The Company reserves the right to revise its prices at any time prior to accepting an Order.
The prices quoted may be revised by the Company subsequent to accepting an Order in the event of any occurrence affecting delivery caused by government action, variation in customs duties, increased shipping charges, higher foreign exchange costs and any other matter beyond the control of the Company. In that event, You will have the right to cancel Your Order.
Availability, Errors and Inaccuracies
We are constantly updating Our offerings of Goods on the Service. The Goods available on Our Service may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable, and We may experience delays in updating information regarding our Goods on the Service and in Our advertising on other websites.
We cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information, including prices, product images, specifications, availability, and services. We reserve the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel Your Order at any time for certain reasons including but not limited to:
- Goods availability
- Errors in the description or prices for Goods
- Errors in Your Order
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel Your Order if fraud or an unauthorized or illegal transaction is suspected.
Our Return, Refund, Credit & Exchange Policy forms a part of these Terms and Conditions, governs details for Your Order cancellation rights, and expressly addresses details relative to both Physical Goods and Digital Products.
All refunds must be requested through the appropriate forms; please allow 21 days for refund to appear. Please click the appropriate product below to find the associated form.
E-books: All e-books are final sale.
E-courses: E-courses are refundable until 48 hours before the course begins. Until then, you can request and receive a refund minus a $10 processing fee.
Coaching and Creativity Groups, Workshops, Play-shops, and Classes: Refunds, if you must cancel your involvement, will be given until 72 hours before the beginning of the Group, Class, Play-shop or Workshop, minus a $10 processing fee. After that, all sales are final.
One-on-One Sessions of any kind:
- Packages: Refunds for the package are available until 48 hours before the first session begins, with a $10 processing fee. After that, the package is final sale. Packages have an expiration date of 12 months from purchase.
- Single paid sessions: please look below at cancellation policies.
CANCELLATION BY CLIENT
When cancelling, please note that You must request all refunds by filling out the appropriate form, and within the time periods delineated. Please allow 21 days for Your refund to appear. Please click the appropriate product above to find the associated form for a refund.
E-courses: You can cancel and be refunded, minus a $10 processing fee, until 48 hours before the course starts.
Groups, Workshops, Play-shops and Classes: You can cancel and be refunded, minus a $10 processing fee, until 72 hours before the first session in the series begins.
One-on-One sessions: Please see definitions and policies below.
- Weekday Sessions: Sessions beginning 9:00 am-3:30 pm PST, Monday-Friday are hereafter referred to as Weekday Sessions.
- Off-Hours Sessions: Sessions that either start or extend into the times before 9:00 am and after 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, as well as weekend sessions, will hereafter be referred to as Off-Hours Sessions.
- Late Cancellation: Late cancelled sessions will be charged a one-hour minimum fee (the mutually agreed upon fee for one hour of session time), or will utilize one session from a purchased package. Please see below for the definition of a Late Cancellation:
- Sessions cancelled between two and twenty-four hours before a Weekday Session.
- Sessions cancelled between four and forty-eight hours before an Off-Hours Session.
- No-Show: No-shows will be charged the full price of the scheduled session, i.e. if more than one hour was scheduled, the whole scheduled session will be charged. If multiple package sessions were to be used, then the full amount of package sessions will be considered as payment. If two no-shows happen in a row, further sessions will be postponed until a new contract or commitment is clarified. See below for the definition of a no-show:
- Sessions cancelled within two hours of Weekday Sessions or within four hours of Off-Hours sessions.
- Sessions in which the Client does not cancel, and does not appear for session.
Cancellation due to Emergency or Illness: In the case of Your illness or family emergency, if You are still able to have an online session or reschedule, a substitution for the in-person session can be arranged on Zoom or FaceTime; in the case that the session must be in-person, then the session can be rescheduled. If several cancellations because of illness or emergency occur in a short period of time, then sessions will be postponed until the Client can arrange to honor the commitment time.
CANCELLATION BY COACH OR FACILITATOR
We will cancel an e-course, group, workshop, playshop, class or session with 24-hour notice and that session will be rescheduled at a mutually agreed upon time between You and Us.
In the case of emergency (illness or family emergency,) when 24-hour notice is not possible, We will offer rescheduling as soon as is possible (based on the emergency situation) at a mutually agreed-upon time.
In the case that a substitute facilitator can lead the group, class, workshop, play-shop or event, We will provide that substitute session as full coverage for the session, with all claims to any other other compensation denied.
One-on-one sessions will only be fulfilled by the Live Your Story facilitator with whom the session or sessions contract was made.
The Service or some parts of the Service are available only with a paid Subscription. You will be billed in advance on a recurring and periodic basis (such as daily, weekly, monthly or annually), depending on the type of Subscription plan you select when purchasing the Subscription.
At the end of each period, Your Subscription will automatically renew under the exact same conditions unless You cancel it or the Company cancels it.
You may cancel Your Subscription renewal either through Your Account settings page or by contacting the Company. You will not receive a refund for the fees You already paid for Your current Subscription period and You will be able to access the Service until the end of Your current Subscription period.
You shall provide the Company with accurate and complete billing information including full name, address, state, zip code, telephone number, and a valid payment method information.
Should automatic billing fail to occur for any reason, the Company will issue an electronic invoice indicating that you must proceed manually, within a certain deadline date, with the full payment corresponding to the billing period as indicated on the invoice.
The Company, in its sole discretion and at any time, may modify the Subscription fees. Any Subscription fee change will become effective at the end of the then-current Subscription period.
The Company will provide You with reasonable prior notice of any change in Subscription fees to give You an opportunity to terminate Your Subscription before such change becomes effective.
Your continued use of the Service after the Subscription fee change comes into effect constitutes Your agreement to pay the modified Subscription fee amount.
Except when required by law, paid Subscription fees are non-refundable.
Certain refund requests for Subscriptions may be considered by the Company on a case-by-case basis and granted at the sole discretion of the Company.
When You create an account with Us, You must provide Us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of Your account on Our Service.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that You use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under Your password, whether Your password is with Our Service or a Third-Party Social Media Service.
You agree not to disclose Your password to any third party. You must notify Us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of Your account.
You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than You without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
The Service and its original content (excluding Content provided by You or other users), features, and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of the Company and its licensors.
The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the Country and foreign countries.
Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of the Company.
Your Feedback to Us
You assign all rights, title and interest in any Feedback You provide the Company. If for any reason such assignment is ineffective, You agree to grant the Company a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, disclose, sub-license, distribute, modify and exploit such Feedback without restriction.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by the Company.
The Company has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise You to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that You visit.
We may terminate or suspend Your Account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if You breach these Terms and Conditions.
Upon termination, Your right to use the Service will cease immediately. If You wish to terminate Your Account, You may simply discontinue using the Service.
Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding any damages that You might incur, the entire liability of the Company and any of its suppliers under any provision of this Terms and Your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the amount actually paid by You through the Service or 100 USD if You haven't purchased anything through the Service.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall the Company or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, loss of data or other information, for business interruption, for personal injury, loss of privacy arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Service, third-party software and/or third-party hardware used with the Service, or otherwise in connection with any provision of this Terms), even if the Company or any supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the remedy fails of its essential purpose.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply. In these states, each party's liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
"AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" Disclaimer
The Service is provided to You "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, the Company, on its own behalf and on behalf of its Affiliates and its and their respective licensors and service providers, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Service, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice. Without limitation to the foregoing, the Company provides no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that the Service will meet Your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or services, operate without interruption, meet any performance or reliability standards or be error free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
Without limiting the foregoing, neither the Company nor any of the company's provider makes any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied: (i) as to the operation or availability of the Service, or the information, content, and materials or products included thereon; (ii) that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free; (iii) as to the accuracy, reliability, or currency of any information or content provided through the Service; or (iv) that the Service, its servers, the content, or e-mails sent from or on behalf of the Company are free of viruses, scripts, trojan horses, worms, malware, timebombs or other harmful components.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain types of warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so some or all of the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to You. But in such a case the exclusions and limitations set forth in this section shall be applied to the greatest extent enforceable under applicable law.
Community & Client Terms and Conditions
These are the community and client guidelines for everyone engaging with Us and any associated sites, pages, places, feeds, and forums, including coaching, creative workshops, events, e-courses, community conversations, or social media (hereafter, Our Sites).
These guidelines and boundaries are meant to ensure a feeling of safety for those in the community. If any User decides not to follow the guidelines on Our Sites, that User’s comments will be removed, and participation with Live Your Story will be disallowed. Access to any other element of Our Sites will also be limited or revoked.
The following guidelines include any information directly written on Our Sites as well as the posting of any links, videos, or other media on Our Sites. “Off-limits,” “disallowed,” “prohibited,” “not allowed,” and “not permitted” all indicate that the behavior is one which will trigger removal from Our Sites.
- Personal attacks, threats, and harassment are off-limits on Our Sites. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, using cuss or swear words or foul language as an attack, and any kind of threat to privacy or safety.
- The following actions constitute personal attacks: racial, sexual, sexist, homophobic, ageist, ableist, religious, political, ethnic or other epithets or slurs directed against another individual or group. Also included are accusations about the private behavior of another member.
- The following actions constitute harassment: Repeatedly using comments, posts, private messages, and other participation on Our Sites to harass, threaten, or insult others. Repeatedly pointing to off-site resources with the intent to insult, ridicule, or harm an individual or business.
- Hate speech and hateful imagery are not permitted on Our Sites. This includes the legal definition of hate speech, as well as any hateful or disparaging comments towards any cultural, gender, sexual orientation, religious, political, socio-economic group, or physically, mental-health, or neurologically identified group. These words, phrases, or images express, either deliberately or unknowingly, hatred or contempt towards a group of people.
- Violations of privacy (including sharing the contents of private correspondence or private information about other community members without their permission on-line or in any other form) on Our Sites is prohibited.
- Harmful advice, hoaxes, and disinformation are disallowed on Our Sites.
- Sexually disparaging words, images, and photos are disallowed on Our Sites.
- Graphically violent words, images, and photos are disallowed on Our Sites. This includes images containing nudity or graphic violence on avatars or in community profile pictures.
- Unsolicited and unapproved promotional posts, comments, and private messages are considered spam and are not permitted on Our Sites. Violators will be not only be blocked but also reported.
- Solicitation of personal donations from others is disallowed on or through Our Sites.
Our Sites are for informational, entertainment, and educational purposes only. They do not provide medical advice, opinion, diagnosis, or treatment. The information provided through Our Sites should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease; the information provided herewith is not a substitute for professional care. If you have a concern or question about your health, you should immediately consult your Primary Care Physician, Mental Health Professional, or another appropriate professional health care provider.
Our Sites include links to connect you with products and resources. In some cases, those affiliate links will provide a commission to Live Your Story for purchases made through that link. There is no additional cost to you. Links are to products personally used and vetted, as well as to resources personally tried and approved, unless otherwise delineated in the text, posting, or article around the link.
The laws of the Country, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Terms and Your use of the Service. Your use of the Application may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
If You have any concern or dispute about the Service, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting the Company.
For European Union (EU) Users
If You are a European Union consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident.
United States Legal Compliance
You represent and warrant that (i) You are not located in a country that is subject to the United States government embargo, or that has been designated by the United States government as a "terrorist supporting" country, and (ii) You are not listed on any United States government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
Severability and Waiver
If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or to require performance of an obligation under this Terms shall not effect a party's ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall be the waiver of a breach constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
These Terms and Conditions may have been translated if We have made them available to You on our Service. You agree that the original English text shall prevail in the case of a dispute.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, You can contact us:
- By mail: 10008 National Blvd #425; Los Angeles, CA 90034